Just like conventional products, not all natural products work for everyone, and not all products live up to the hype. Here are five natural products that I use all the time, and love enough to share. From left to right, here they are.
1. Aveda’s botanical kinetics exfoliant: I have sensitive skin that’s prone to redness, so I have to be careful with the products I use on my face. This gentle exfoliant doesn’t make me react. It’s especially useful for removing dry flakes in the winter, when being out in the cold, dry air makes my skin dull and flaky. I only use it once or twice a week–after cleansing and before moisturizing.
2. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm: I’ve used this lip balm for years and years, and keep coming back to it. A lot of people like peppermint oil in their lip balms, but I’ve never been a fan of it. This tastes and smells like pomegranate instead, and its red colour means that it doesn’t leave the white-ish tinge on my lips that some natural lip balms do.
3. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm: Also a necessity in the winter, this product looks like a lipstick but feels like a balm. I can’t get enough of it. Hibiscus is my favourite tint, but they have some other really gorgeous shades.
4. Cake Satin Sugar Dry Shampoo & Body Powder: This handy-dandy natural product is helping me break my addiction to daily shampooing, which (I know, I know!) is bad for hair. What’s so great about this product is that it’s not an aerosol, it’s made without parabens and talc, and it comes in different hues for different hair colours.
5. Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens: Along with having sensitive skin, I also have the pleasure of dealing with oily skin. Yay! These blotting tissues save me on a daily basis, helping to remove excess makeup without ruining my makeup.
If you try some of these products for yourself, let me know what you think!